Hi,
If I run Knoppix at work and telnet to another machine, it sees me as knoppix.domain.com instead of myoriginal_machinename.domain.com. Is this because I'm the user 'knoppix' or is there some other equivalent to the windows machine name?
Thx
BP.
Hi,
If I run Knoppix at work and telnet to another machine, it sees me as knoppix.domain.com instead of myoriginal_machinename.domain.com. Is this because I'm the user 'knoppix' or is there some other equivalent to the windows machine name?
Thx
BP.
http://www.vsearchmedia.com/dhcp.html
It is this update method that is giving you the 'knoppix' hostname. This is why other systems which query the DNS server get a response back that report your machine has changed hostname to knoppix. How do you stop it? I don't know.In addition to the IP address, a DHCP server can provide other information like DNS serveraddresses, a DNS name or a gateway IP address. Some DHCP server implementations allowfor a DNS entry to be updated to reflect the new IP address.

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00