-
Messed up monitor after using Knoppix.
I've had this proble happen to me before, but I somehow fixed it. I can't remember how.
Old url http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...66d00e30811372
I installed Knoppix just to see what Linux was like. I had one problem with it, the display was wrong.
I have a 17 inch trinitron monitor with a TNT 2 Pro graphics card.
I had black borders around my Knoppix desktop, but I lived with it. Now half an hour later, I shut down Knoppix, take the CD out, and reboot into 98se.
The problem is still there, but different. To the sides, my monitor is squished. In the center, the text is allright. But to the sides, like my Start button is 1/10th it's original size. So is my clock.
I am also getting trouble when I do manage to get some of the drivers installed. A runtime.dll error on NVARCH16.dll
Please, I need some urgent help. I've been trying to fix it for about 3-4 hours now.
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm so scared I messed everything up!
The same thing has happened again. My monitor is not included in the kxconfig list, so I don't know what to choose. I just picked one that's 17 inches and Sony, since mine is a Trinitron 17". I looked on the back, the model is N-701T.
I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, and set my new drivers as Standard VGA. I then reinstalled drivers. Same thing. I tried different drivers 3 different times. Any way to fix this?
Similar Threads
-
By donharter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-22-2006, 03:38 PM
-
By rossndahood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
-
By Styrus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:22 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:00 AM
-
By OziD in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$276.23

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Samsung T5 1TB USB-C Portable SSD
$110.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00