I've had this proble happen to me before, but I somehow fixed it. I can't remember how.
Old url http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...66d00e30811372
The same thing has happened again. My monitor is not included in the kxconfig list, so I don't know what to choose. I just picked one that's 17 inches and Sony, since mine is a Trinitron 17". I looked on the back, the model is N-701T.I installed Knoppix just to see what Linux was like. I had one problem with it, the display was wrong.
I have a 17 inch trinitron monitor with a TNT 2 Pro graphics card.
I had black borders around my Knoppix desktop, but I lived with it. Now half an hour later, I shut down Knoppix, take the CD out, and reboot into 98se.
The problem is still there, but different. To the sides, my monitor is squished. In the center, the text is allright. But to the sides, like my Start button is 1/10th it's original size. So is my clock.
I am also getting trouble when I do manage to get some of the drivers installed. A runtime.dll error on NVARCH16.dll
Please, I need some urgent help. I've been trying to fix it for about 3-4 hours now.
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm so scared I messed everything up!
I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, and set my new drivers as Standard VGA. I then reinstalled drivers. Same thing. I tried different drivers 3 different times. Any way to fix this?

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30