-
Senior Member
registered user
Modem Not Detected After Kernel Upgrade
I upgraded my kernel from 2.6.9-kanotix-8 to 2.6.11 so that I might have a bit more luck with makeing a kernel interface with my nvidia driver. When I booted it (after a lot of messing with GRUB and LILO) I ran the slmodemd command to start the modem daemon, and it said that /dev/slamr0 couldn't be found. I checked /dev and slamr0 was there. So...Why isn't it being found? Did I mess up something with the kernel upgrade? I can't boot the old kernel anymor, either, so I'm typing this from the livecd.
Similar Threads
-
By woestyn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
-
By kn2user in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 18
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By eeoam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By maneeshkumar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:18 PM
-
By Nesser in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.99