-
Knoppix used to boot, new version doesn't... help?
Hi, I just got Knoppix 3.8.1 and I can't get it to boot. With Knoppix 3.7, I'd just boot into the kernel 2.6. Well now its default 2.6.11 kernel and its giving me the problem i had with 3.7 kernel 2.4. The problem I had and now currently have with 3.8.1 is when I boot (normally, cheatcoded, failsafe, or expert) it displays the penguin, it starts to detect hardware, usb/firewire etc... and then it does a final Autodection.. once that is finished, my computer freezes. No other action happens. I'm currently running and surfing this site with knoppix 3.7 kernel 2.6.9 to make sure that it was working, and it is. Unfortunately Knoppix 3.8.1 isn't 
My system specs are as follows:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
ASUS A8V Deluxe
2x256MB RAM
200GB SATA Hard-drive (on the via controller not the promise one)
ATi Radeon 9600se 128MB
USB Keyboard and Mouse (and I've hooked both back to ps/2 as a test to see if that was the problem)
Please any suggestions, comments, or solutions are greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Edit:
And just so I don't get flamed, I have searched the forum and been through many threads.
Similar Threads
-
By saman0suke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
-
By onnrmf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
-
By joeo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
-
By tealeaf in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 10:26 PM
-
By certifieduser in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

Patriot Viper Steel 64GB 2x32GB DDR4 3200 PVS464G320C6
$449.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00