-
kernel-source or kernel-tree
What exactly are the differences between these two??
I want to build some modules to put on a remastered cd, so I need the kernel-headers plus I will probably want to recompile the kernel.
What do I need and which of these do I need?
So for Knoppix 3.8.1
kernel-headers-2.6.11 OR
kernel-headers-2.6.11-1 AND DO I NEED
kernel-kbuild-2.6-3 ?
kernel-source-2.6.11 OR
kernel-tree-2.6.11?
When I've used apt-get install to install kernel-source it created the directory tree under /usr/src/kernel-2.6.11 irrc. Also what symlinks are required for all these?
Similar Threads
-
By hvinelinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 12:23 PM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By Probert31 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 05:08 AM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59