Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Drivers for 3dfx voodoo card?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    Drivers for 3dfx voodoo card?

    TOTALLY new to linux.

    Im trying to configure koppix to work after doing a debian based install to hdd. Cant seem to find any drivers for my video card, but even if i do, im not shure what to do to make them work on my fresh install. Any help would be appriciated.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    again, can you post the
    lspci

    it seems that
    kxconfig
    has support for
    3Dfx Voodoo3/5&banshee
    so if you have an earlier I or II, you might be out of luck if it won't backwardly compatiblilise.

    in
    kxconfig
    there is a

    Generic - tdfx
    have you seen/tried that one ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Knoppix with The Voodoo3, Yes!

    I had to ditch my Kyro II card when I started dual booting XP and Knoppix. Poor orphan thing. heh, heh.

    My older card was a Voodoo3. I'm not a gamer, so I said "What the heck."
    At the most I play Gtan or solitaire.

    And so.... I put the old card back in. This time though I added a fan I had laying around from a heatsink/fan combo I wasn't using and overclocked the sucker up to 205 mhz. Whoa!

    I used the generic Linux driver as the previous post has pointed you to and found some tricked out 3rd party drivers for XP.

    I would also suggest doing an Apt-get install Synaptic:

    Synaptic is a GUI version of Apt-Get and once you've installed it, you can do a search on Voodoo 3 related files and libraries. Glide is supported in Linux and is easily installed.

    Anyway, the old card works great. Good luck.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. using NVidia's graphics card drivers
    By JetCowBoB in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:58 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.3, 3Dfx Voodoo3 2000 and Philips 105s
    By ykgoh in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 02:08 PM
  3. How do I get drivers for my nvidia card that don't suck?
    By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:54 AM
  4. ATI Radeon or 3DFX Voodoo3000 tv-out
    By maurodx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 04:37 AM
  5. Linux Video Card Drivers
    By aay in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU

$414.99