Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Drivers for 3dfx voodoo card?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    Drivers for 3dfx voodoo card?

    TOTALLY new to linux.

    Im trying to configure koppix to work after doing a debian based install to hdd. Cant seem to find any drivers for my video card, but even if i do, im not shure what to do to make them work on my fresh install. Any help would be appriciated.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    again, can you post the
    lspci

    it seems that
    kxconfig
    has support for
    3Dfx Voodoo3/5&banshee
    so if you have an earlier I or II, you might be out of luck if it won't backwardly compatiblilise.

    in
    kxconfig
    there is a

    Generic - tdfx
    have you seen/tried that one ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Knoppix with The Voodoo3, Yes!

    I had to ditch my Kyro II card when I started dual booting XP and Knoppix. Poor orphan thing. heh, heh.

    My older card was a Voodoo3. I'm not a gamer, so I said "What the heck."
    At the most I play Gtan or solitaire.

    And so.... I put the old card back in. This time though I added a fan I had laying around from a heatsink/fan combo I wasn't using and overclocked the sucker up to 205 mhz. Whoa!

    I used the generic Linux driver as the previous post has pointed you to and found some tricked out 3rd party drivers for XP.

    I would also suggest doing an Apt-get install Synaptic:

    Synaptic is a GUI version of Apt-Get and once you've installed it, you can do a search on Voodoo 3 related files and libraries. Glide is supported in Linux and is easily installed.

    Anyway, the old card works great. Good luck.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. using NVidia's graphics card drivers
    By JetCowBoB in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:58 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.3, 3Dfx Voodoo3 2000 and Philips 105s
    By ykgoh in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 02:08 PM
  3. How do I get drivers for my nvidia card that don't suck?
    By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:54 AM
  4. ATI Radeon or 3DFX Voodoo3000 tv-out
    By maurodx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 04:37 AM
  5. Linux Video Card Drivers
    By aay in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17 picture

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17

$3.35



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot Of 4 Modules Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P Registered ECC CT16G4RFD4213 Memory picture

Lot Of 4 Modules Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P Registered ECC CT16G4RFD4213 Memory

$219.00



Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory picture

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory

$2150.00



NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory picture

NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory

$75.00



Mix Lot of 7 sticks 8GB 1Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA/1Rx8 - PC4 2400T - 6 Samsung/1 SKhynix picture

Mix Lot of 7 sticks 8GB 1Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA/1Rx8 - PC4 2400T - 6 Samsung/1 SKhynix

$300.00



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99