-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix with The Voodoo3, Yes!
I had to ditch my Kyro II card when I started dual booting XP and Knoppix. Poor orphan thing. heh, heh.
My older card was a Voodoo3. I'm not a gamer, so I said "What the heck."
At the most I play Gtan or solitaire. 
And so.... I put the old card back in. This time though I added a fan I had laying around from a heatsink/fan combo I wasn't using and overclocked the sucker up to 205 mhz. Whoa!
I used the generic Linux driver as the previous post has pointed you to and found some tricked out 3rd party drivers for XP.
I would also suggest doing an Apt-get install Synaptic:
Synaptic is a GUI version of Apt-Get and once you've installed it, you can do a search on Voodoo 3 related files and libraries. Glide is supported in Linux and is easily installed.
Anyway, the old card works great. Good luck.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By JetCowBoB in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 37
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:58 PM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-09-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:54 AM
-
By maurodx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 04:37 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.49

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00

Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+
$13.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99