-
How to disable login as root with no pwd when fsck is forced
Dear people:
I'm new using Linux, and I've choose Knoppix because seems so easy to install and have common applications to work.
First of all, excuse me because my english is so poor.
Second, excuse me if my doubt is so trivial and I've been able to find this information.
The question
============
At work, when there's any electric problem that reboots my computer, the system boots and forces a fsck. At the end, shows a "CTRL+D to exit this shell and reboot" message.
The main partition is mounted as root in read only mode, and anyone could mount this partition as rw so easily as root (system doesn't request root's password).
Is there any way to disable this fsck as root? Or allow it, but requesting password?
I've thought that I could allow BIOS password at startup, but it's not an elegant solution...
I've been reading FAQs, looking over Internet and reading some messages of this forum, but I don't know if is there any way to do it.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By rajasekaran in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
-
By shplad in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
-
By Orion Pax in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 01:50 PM
-
By sgoodall in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By jmrizz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

PATRIOT VIPER 32GB (4X8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM MEMORY PV332G160C9QK
$70.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95