-
knoppix terminal server: sudo not working on client
Hi,
I have an host running Knoppix 3.8.1 from CD: I started the Knoppix Terminal Server on it.
I have another host: I booted it off the Terminal Server using PXE.
Knoppix booted up fine on the client host, but when I tried to start a root session (su -), sudo didn't work, I got the following error message:
sudo: must be setuid root
That prevents you running any root task with sudo on the client host.
Here is an excerpt from the sudo FAQ:
Sudo must be setuid root to do its work. You need to do something like `chmod 4111 /usr/local/bin/sudo'. Also, the file system sudo resides on must *not* be mounted (or exported) with the nosuid option or sudo will not be able to work. Another possibility is you may have '.' in your $PATH before the directory containing sudo. If you are going to have '.' in your path you should make sure it is at the end.
Indeed, if I issue the 'mount' command, I see that the /cdrom filesystem is mounted on the host client via NFS from the Terminal Server with the nosuid option.
I need to run some root tasks (e.g. mount a local partition) on the client host.
How can I fix the problem or workaround it?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By skyywalk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 09:41 AM
-
By 5417 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:29 AM
-
By wurm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00