Hi,
I have an host running Knoppix 3.8.1 from CD: I started the Knoppix Terminal Server on it.
I have another host: I booted it off the Terminal Server using PXE.
Knoppix booted up fine on the client host, but when I tried to start a root session (su -), sudo didn't work, I got the following error message:
That prevents you running any root task with sudo on the client host.sudo: must be setuid root
Here is an excerpt from the sudo FAQ:
Indeed, if I issue the 'mount' command, I see that the /cdrom filesystem is mounted on the host client via NFS from the Terminal Server with the nosuid option.Sudo must be setuid root to do its work. You need to do something like `chmod 4111 /usr/local/bin/sudo'. Also, the file system sudo resides on must *not* be mounted (or exported) with the nosuid option or sudo will not be able to work. Another possibility is you may have '.' in your $PATH before the directory containing sudo. If you are going to have '.' in your path you should make sure it is at the end.
I need to run some root tasks (e.g. mount a local partition) on the client host.
How can I fix the problem or workaround it?
Thanks.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Compressed Air Duster&Vacuum Cleaner, 3-In-1 150000RPM Cordless Air Blower
$65.84
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99