Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Samba newbie: How to see files on Knoppix with WinXP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Samba newbie: How to see files on Knoppix with WinXP

    Hello,

    I have a desktop using Knoppix 3.2 (HD) and a laptop using XP-pro. Both are connected with a ethernet Hub.

    This weekend I was very exited because a was able to mount a XP share via my Knoppix Desktop. Also i was able to mount the external USB harddrive, wich is connected to my laptop.

    But i was not able to see files the other way around: from Win Xp to Knoppix. I've tried to make a shared folder in knoppix. Wich i am confidend that i succeded. But in WinExplorer no shared map was found.

    When I did
    smbclient -L//192.168.x.x (knoppix).
    the system said that access was refused.

    Can someone please help my,
    Tnx[/code]

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    1
    Hmmm, I'm having similar problems, is why I posted in this thread.

    I'm having trouble with my Win xp computer "seeing" my Knoppix 3.7 computer, I have them connected via a cable/dsl router.
    I have not had much experience with Linux, started using it because it is free and can run from live cd, I've learned how to run Folding@Home on it fairly well though, just want to be able to "share" the Folding files so I can view progress on a windows machine using Windows xp. Any ideas?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Springfield IL USA
    Posts
    4
    I am having the same problem but I have WINDOWS 98 se.
    I have gone round and round with this. I replaced knoppix with 98 and then went back because 98 I had to find all kinds of Drivers that were not on the disk. I can see the Windows drives on KNOPPIX but not the knoppix on Windows here my setup.
    [global]
    workgroup = MYGROUP
    netbios name = MYcomp
    security = share
    [data]
    comment = Data
    path = /home/jrichards
    force user = jrichards
    force group = user
    read only = no
    guest ok = yes

    I Have been working on this for weeks Help

Similar Threads

  1. Samba, Webmin & Win98/WinXP Clients
    By Jadeyez in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 12:25 AM
  2. Knoppix Freezes when copying files over samba
    By thermopyl in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 12:35 PM
  3. Moving Files from Knoppix Live to WinXP Pro
    By Girtych in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 02:56 PM
  4. Booting Knoppix 3.1 from cd to backup files from WinXP
    By viagrus47 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:13 AM
  5. *Newbie* help install KNOPPIX CD on WinXP
    By wardialer in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99