-
3.8.1 not install LILO
The 3.8.1 installation on the hard drive has some problem. I did tick the intall LILO in the partition, it says it does it, but no LILO afterwards in the partition. When I try to produce a bootfloppy, also from here I can not boot the partition.
3.7 and 3.6 version do the job correctly.
is there any known issue about LILO and 3.8.1?
-
I have the same problem...
I get some error, in the terminal during the install:
root@1[knoppix]# knx2hd
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 42: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/pgee/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.
/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1194: No soundcards found...
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
/dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such device
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
/dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such device
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
Incompatible libdevmapper 1.00.20-ioctl (2005-01-06)(compat) and kernel driver
Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
Name change: '/dev/cloop0' -> '/dev/cloop'
Warning: Unable to determine video adapter in use in the present system.
Device 0x0300: Inconsistent partition table, 1st entry
CHS address in PT: 511:1:1 --> LBA (515151)
LBA address in PT: 8209278 --> CHS (8144:2:1)
Fatal: Either FIX-TABLE or IGNORE-TABLE must be specified
If not sure, first try IGNORE-TABLE (-P ignore)
What's wrong? I have no idea...
-
I got several of those same errors from installing 3.8.1, but everything seemed to still install fine for me.
You might want to try using knoppix-installer instead of knx2hd?
-
The problem seems not tobe in the boot sequence. Rather I think, either the lilo config is not correct somehow transfered or there are some kernel changes made later orsomething like that? It looks like the case when one does change the kernel after the installation of lilo.
I will try the lilo -r to fix it next time.
Last tiem I did try many times to install the knoppix 3.8.1 and every time the lilo failed. Also no boot from the floppy.
-
... have called up the knoppix-installer
no change, still same
-
I have the exact same problem..
knoppix-install seems to install the data on the partition but not lilo.. I cannot install lilo manually either..
Similar Threads
-
By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
-
By WilyPython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By leny in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 12:03 AM
-
By Slimer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By raid517 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Alegra 512KB Fast RAM Side Expansion for Amiga 1000, Tested, Working
$199.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00