Try some different cheats like noapic noapm nolapic apm=power-off and so on. Have a look at Cheatcodes under the Documentation tab at the top.
Hi,
I'm running Knoppix 3.7 on an Asus P4S800 motherboard and I am having problems with the reboot/shutdown.
When I reboot or shutdown, the CD is ejected after pressing enter, the message "Shutdown Completed." is shown, and the cursor stops blinking.
The machine does not turn off and does not reboot.
I can't make a dmesg log of the machine at the moment.
It's an Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (no hyperthreading) on an Asus P4S800, chipset SiS648FX.
Enabling or disabling ACPI has no effect.
There are no BIOS updates available, we are already using the latest BIOS.
What could be the problem and how could it be solved?
Try some different cheats like noapic noapm nolapic apm=power-off and so on. Have a look at Cheatcodes under the Documentation tab at the top.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01