-
Knoppix-STD Question
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem mounting nfts drives. I have Knoppix -STD, during the boot process it shows STD as 0.1 and Knoppix as 2.7, I'm booting from CD, and trying to mount a Windows XP SP1 drive.
from a shell i type
mkdir /mnt/C
mount -r -t ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/C
The command fails, the command looks correct to me. Is there a newer iso for the Knoppix-STD?
Thanks - Nik
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
STD is very old, based on an old version of Knoppix, and I have never seen an update. If you can't find a newer version then I don't expect I can find a newer version either.
It should still work however.
Not sure why you are trying to use the mount commands. Don't you have drive icons (like hda1) on your desktop? You should be able to open the drives from them. Simpler than worryig about typos in the mount command.
-
Thanks for the information Harry, the desktop is empty
What I'm trying to do is boot the Knoppix-STD CD, and run a program off the STD disk call FTimes. I would like to use that program to create a map of the file system, the have it write its logs to a usb hd. I've had no luck mounting either the ntfs drive or the fat usb drive. I've read the Manpage for Mount and the command looks correct.
If anyone has any idea's or knows of another distro of security tool I really could use the help.
Thanks --Nik
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By Shopro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By boris90210 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
-
By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD
$43.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$19.49

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 NVMe SSD 2280 Single Notch 128GB 256GB 512GB | Very Good health
$38.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60