Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix-STD Question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix-STD Question

    Hello everyone, I'm having a problem mounting nfts drives. I have Knoppix -STD, during the boot process it shows STD as 0.1 and Knoppix as 2.7, I'm booting from CD, and trying to mount a Windows XP SP1 drive.

    from a shell i type
    mkdir /mnt/C
    mount -r -t ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/C

    The command fails, the command looks correct to me. Is there a newer iso for the Knoppix-STD?

    Thanks - Nik

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    STD is very old, based on an old version of Knoppix, and I have never seen an update. If you can't find a newer version then I don't expect I can find a newer version either.

    It should still work however.

    Not sure why you are trying to use the mount commands. Don't you have drive icons (like hda1) on your desktop? You should be able to open the drives from them. Simpler than worryig about typos in the mount command.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the information Harry, the desktop is empty

    What I'm trying to do is boot the Knoppix-STD CD, and run a program off the STD disk call FTimes. I would like to use that program to create a map of the file system, the have it write its logs to a usb hd. I've had no luck mounting either the ntfs drive or the fat usb drive. I've read the Manpage for Mount and the command looks correct.

    If anyone has any idea's or knows of another distro of security tool I really could use the help.

    Thanks --Nik

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Question about using knoppix
    By Shopro in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
  3. a knoppix cd-rw question....plz help.
    By boris90210 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
  4. knoppix.sh question
    By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:42 AM
  5. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller picture

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller

$68.99