-
Hi Laura,
I'm a newbie too, but sounds like one or both of these:
1. You could be trying to copy to an NTFS partition, something that is not recommended. The two main Windoze XP partition types are FAT32 and NTFS. You can read or write to FAT32 but only read from NTFS. Right click on the drive icon and select "properties". If it's marked "read only" chances are it's NTFS.
2. You don't have "permission" to write that file to the drive, which means to do it you'll have to do it as "root" or "super user". Open a terminal window and type:
sux
<enter your password>
konqueror
This will open the Konqueror file manager as root (which is what I'm guessing you were trying to use).
Hope this helps, I'm still kinda new to this and I haven't used Knoppix in several months (I use Kanotix now) so I may not have it exactly right, but should be close enough to get you on the right path...
Paul
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU
$2999.00

Intel Core i7-6700 LGA 1151 3.4 GHz 8 GT/s Desktop CPU Processor SR2L2
$29.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99