Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knoppix-installing a DVD ISO without burning

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    knoppix-installing a DVD ISO without burning

    I have a 1.9GB ISO that I can't burn because I don't have a DVD burner.

    I was wondering if there's someway to knoppix -installer it anyway? I don't mean a poor-man's ro fs. I would like to end up with a rw fs on a hdd partition.

    Can I mount the ISO, chroot and just invoke knoppix-installer?

    BTW, what I'm trying to install is the latetest QUANTIAN. I tried the last CD sized ISO (0.5.9.2) but it foobared my lilo. Anyone have experience with this?

    TIA,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, how about this? I'll download the ISO to a linux partition big enough (2GB). Then I'll use a CD to use a cheatcode to "bootfrom" that ISO. Finally, I could run knopix-installer from there to install to a different partition.

    Would that work?

    TIA,
    AJG

Similar Threads

  1. Burning a DVD from within Knoppix
    By cheeez in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
  2. Burning Knoppix 3.6
    By McGrady in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:36 AM
  3. help! burning a Knoppix dvd
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 03:26 PM
  4. Burning Knoppix
    By raindrop in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 07:06 AM
  5. Burning Knoppix
    By Havoc in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62