-
mounting writable fat32 partition at startup
All,
I've searched the forums and googled for this without any luck. I'm running Knoppix 8.3.1 and trying to get my fat32 partition to automatically be mounted read/write on startup.
I start knoppix with the cheat code: knoppix fromhd=/dev/hde1 myconfig=/dev/uba1
/dev/hde1 is mounted as /cdrom and is read only.
I want it to be mounted as /mnt/hde1 and read/write.
I tried changing the fstab file as follows:
.
.
.
/dev/hde1 /mnt/hde1 vfat users,exec,rw,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0 # I added this line
# Added by KNOPPIX
#/dev/hde1 /mnt/hde1 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppi x 0 0 # I commented out this line
.
.
.
I saved my config to my usb jumpdrive /dev/uba1 and rebooted.
This change had no effect, but the fstab file still has my changes. Is Knoppix loading my fstab from config too late to have an effect?
How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Mike
Similar Threads
-
By dmizer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
-
By django in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-09-2006, 06:32 PM
-
By alex2004 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:20 PM
-
By country.hacker in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:23 PM
-
By margaritaville in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99