hi there!
No way...no success to compile this f*** module at all!
Maybe someone did it with knoppixx 3.8.1?
I try this now over 2 weeks!!!!!!! Maybe someone has a hint?
I tried:
*******
kernels:
----------
kernel-source: 2.6.11.7 <--no success (kernel.org)
debian-src: 2.6.11.3 <-- no success (debian.org)
drivers:
----------
the official drivers from ite
grml patched drivers
--seems like the kernel greater than 2.6.10 are ac patched (http://www.passys.nl/tips/ite_kernel_image_compile.txt)
is there a way to compile the module with just the included headers in knoppix?
Anyway I gave up for now!![]()
Going forward to use grml......
if anyone can tell me a success story - let me know!
Cheers
tutorials [en]:
-----------------
http://www.passys.nl/tips/ite_kernel_image_compile.txt
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/Read...rCompiling.txt
tutorilas [de]:
-----------------
http://forum.geizhals.at/t326653,-1.html
http://www.linux-community.de/Neues/story?storyid=14732
http://lug.krems.cc/pipermail/linux/...er/000716.html
Links
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...threadid=99409
http://grml.org/kernel/
Drivers:
http://www.ite.com.tw/software_downl..._download2.asp
http://grml.org/kernel/
edit: found this
I have 3 motherboards with the ITE chipset. I've gotten it to work on one of them doing the same thing on all three. It is just very very flakey on the 2.6 kernel. and ITE doen't seem to care. I have no experience with it on FC2 or FC3, but my recomendation for anyone who is trying to get it to work under 2.6, don't spend more than a few hours on it. If you can't get it to work in that amount of time then wait for a later kernel release or a new ITE driver.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...5&pagenumber=2

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
$65.00
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99