-
File recovery / File permissions help needed?
Hi all,
I have a boot problem and have been trying to recover it using Knoppix but need some help or suggestions. I would be very grateful for any assitance.
I installed FC3 on my system ok, but this then 'broke' and refused to boot (bad superblock etc). I've had no luck repairing this with FSCK. I want to boot into Knoppix (I have v3.7) get my documents off the hard disk onto ZIP, then reinstall FC3.
My problem is that when I load Knoppix off cd, I go to my disk (hdb2) and can view my user 'home' directory from the outside (file:/mnt/hdb2/home) but cannot open the folder.
Whenever I try to open the folder it says: "You do not have ebough permissions to read..... file:/mnt/hdb2/home/jack"
Can anyone tell me how I can get Knoppix to let me open this folder? Please!
Thanks in advance!
S*
Similar Threads
-
By Ixtab in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2010, 09:42 PM
-
By kpfuser in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2007, 10:37 AM
-
By ghoststrike in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By chachi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By hhayes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99