Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: dell 5160 keyboard/touchpad problem

  1. #1

    dell 5160 keyboard/touchpad problem

    I have a dell inspiron 5160 laptop. I can boot the knoppix cd, but when it is done booting I can't use my keyboard or touchpad. The keyboard works fine at the boot screen. I dont know what to do or if there is anything I can do. Please help.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I just had this same problem with a Dell Inspiron 5150 (3.2 GHz P4) at work.

    I found the solution here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...light=keyboard

    This is the boot command I use to start Knoppix on this thing:

    knoppix i8042.noacpi screen=1400x1050

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Longview,TX USA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by davecorder
    I just had this same problem with a Dell Inspiron 5150 (3.2 GHz P4) at work.

    I found the solution here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...light=keyboard

    This is the boot command I use to start Knoppix on this thing:

    knoppix i8042.noacpi screen=1400x1050


    I've got this problem to and have tried this ccheat code but still willnot work. When I use this cheat code it comes back with can't find kernel img. Same with the noacpi switch too. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 5100 and everything worked on 3.7.

Similar Threads

  1. Touchpad problem
    By matollik in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
  2. how do I turn off this Dell Touchpad?
    By dolo724 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 07:34 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 03:36 AM
  4. [SOLVED] keyboard and touchpad do not work on Dell9300
    By wanger123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
  5. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse on Dell Latitude D600
    By pepito in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98