Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help: Custom CD with patched Intel ipw2200 driver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3

    Help: Custom CD with patched Intel ipw2200 driver

    I'm hoping someone with a bit of experinece in these things might be able to give me some pointers in creating a custom CD.
    I am trying to make a build with the following patch applied to the Intel ProWireless 2200BG module:
    http://stachon.webpark.cz/ipw-eeprom.html

    I have downloaded and created the KNOPPIX LiveCD V3.8.1, which works nicely with my laptop with the ipw2200 card in it.
    Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to build the patched driver module, probably I think because you can't do that from a liveCD boot, and would need to do a full install and custom kernel build instead? Anyway, even if I could build I wouldn't be able to re-boot to the new kernel from the CD - right?
    I can't do a full install of KNOPPIX on my laptop (Unfortunately I need to keep XP on it for work), which I'm thinking is the way I probably need to go. Sorry, but completely new to linux!
    All I need to be able to do is load the wireless firmware and then use ethtool to write to the cards EEPROM.

    Any pointers about how I should be going about this would be greatfully received. Of course, if someone could make me the CD I need, that would be great - Sorry I know that's lazy, but it really would help me out a lot.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3
    Here's the error I get when I try to make the ipw2200 module:
    make[1]: Entering directory '/UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.11'
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.11'
    make: *** [modules] Error 2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3
    It's okay guys and gals, I eventually managed to find the kernel sources for 2.6.11 install and build them from the LiveCD, which enabled me to build the ipw2200 module.
    The ipw2200 sources come with some nice scripts to load and unload the module, so I didn't have to reboot.

Similar Threads

  1. intel graphics driver install
    By yonu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
  2. Intel(R) 536EP V.92 Modem driver instalation
    By Florinux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
  3. Intel Extreme Graphics. Driver needed.
    By z-unit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 12:09 AM
  4. Intel IPW2200 Trouble
    By joleger in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$59.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00