Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mount USB Memory?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    Mount USB Memory?

    Found threads where others have asked and there were no replies. So, asking here.

    I'm not trying to boot to a USB Memory device. I just want to mount it so I may write files to it. I don't know where in /dev or /proc it is, I don't know much about linux. I'm sure I don't even know the right syntax I just need to run nmap insane, and spit out the results to a text file for retrieval by a windows PC.

    How can I mount my USB stick? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    You may find you have a usb icon on the desktop. Just click on it and then on the actions tab: you want to mount it read write.

    Failing that, have a look in /etc/fstab

    You should have a line something like:

    /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0

Similar Threads

  1. mount usb memory sticks
    By d.jacobs in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 06:43 PM
  2. How to mount usb memory stick with write access for users
    By embata_n1 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
  3. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  4. To mount USB memory stick (MAC format) on KNOPPIX
    By leone25s in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 02:56 AM
  5. 1 GB memory boot ISO image run entirely from memory?
    By rrolsbe in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U picture

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U

$129.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$202.46



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00