Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mount USB Memory?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    Mount USB Memory?

    Found threads where others have asked and there were no replies. So, asking here.

    I'm not trying to boot to a USB Memory device. I just want to mount it so I may write files to it. I don't know where in /dev or /proc it is, I don't know much about linux. I'm sure I don't even know the right syntax I just need to run nmap insane, and spit out the results to a text file for retrieval by a windows PC.

    How can I mount my USB stick? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    You may find you have a usb icon on the desktop. Just click on it and then on the actions tab: you want to mount it read write.

    Failing that, have a look in /etc/fstab

    You should have a line something like:

    /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0

Similar Threads

  1. mount usb memory sticks
    By d.jacobs in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 06:43 PM
  2. How to mount usb memory stick with write access for users
    By embata_n1 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
  3. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  4. To mount USB memory stick (MAC format) on KNOPPIX
    By leone25s in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 02:56 AM
  5. 1 GB memory boot ISO image run entirely from memory?
    By rrolsbe in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210

$139.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY picture

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY

$1200.00