Hi all,
I have a boot problem and have been trying to recover it using Knoppix but need some help or suggestions. I would be very grateful for any assitance.
I installed FC3 on my system ok, but this then 'broke' and refused to boot (bad superblock etc). I've had no luck repairing this with FSCK. I want to boot into Knoppix (I have v3.7) get my documents off the hard disk onto ZIP, then reinstall FC3.
My problem is that when I load Knoppix off cd, I go to my disk (hdb2) and can view my user 'home' directory from the outside (file:/mnt/hdb2/home) but cannot open the folder.
Whenever I try to open the folder it says: "You do not have ebough permissions to read..... file:/mnt/hdb2/home/jack"
Can anyone tell me how I can get Knoppix to let me open this folder? Please!
Thanks in advance!
S*

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89