Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Network Config Freeze

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5

    Network Config Freeze

    In order to install Knoppix I had to "Knoppix nodhcp" because if I didn't the entire thing would freeze up on me.

    Now, with Knoppix 3.8 sucessfully installed, anytime I try to configure my network card the entire thing freezes on me. I don't think it's the NIC because I'm running an onboard connection. Even If try to set up a static IP it freezes on me. Any Ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5
    I don't understand why this was moved but okay...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5
    Read the post, admin.

    It has nothing to do with installing Knoppix. I can't configure my onboard LAN because everytime I try to my system freezes.


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2
    I have the exact same problem.

    (don't know why the thread why move to "Hdd install" tough, I think the original poster meant to say "Boot" instead of "Install". Can this thread be moved back where it belongs ? Hardware & Booting ? Networking ?)

    I have 2 ethernet adaptors and Knoppix freeze during boot on network configuration (have to hard reset)

    I can boot fine with "nodhcp", but as soon as I try to configure my PPPoE connection the system freezes.

    Knoppix 3.6 was working on the same machine (Athlon XP 2000, K7V, 512 Mo Ram, 2 network cards), but 3.9 freezes. I'm afraid I can't add anymore details now because I am at work.

    Is there any operation I can do to further indentify the problem ? (Is there a way to precisely identify my network cards ?)

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    anti-pop
    It would be best if you create your own thread for assistance in the Networking forum as opposed to adding your post for help to the end of someone else's thread.

    Two threads where we help out people with network card problems.
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19818
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20163

Similar Threads

  1. Help-New to Knoppix-Problem with Network card config
    By prashantr in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
  2. network card config
    By mbgb14 in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 05:55 PM
  3. Network card config on HDD install
    By swazi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 03:40 AM
  4. network card config changes with each boot
    By Joris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 03:44 PM
  5. Network Config ???
    By closet_rambo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



HP Z800 Workstation x2 Intel Xeon E5630 8GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD/OS picture

HP Z800 Workstation x2 Intel Xeon E5630 8GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD/OS

$199.99