Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Raid arrays not found on boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Raid arrays not found on boot

    I have defined several raid-1 arrays using both mdadm and raidtools, and in all cases it works fine until I reboot the machine. I expected Knoppix to autodetect the raid array and assemble it, but it never does. Mdadm shows the partitions as being part of some unknown array, so information is being kept around, but it is not used.

    I must be missing something very simple. Could anyone give me a pointer?

    Thanks very much.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    live-CD or hdd-install ?

    how are you loading the arrays ? where ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I did an hdd install, and set them up using mdadm. I have identical disks and I am configuring them as a single Raid 1 unit. I am not booting off these disks, they are just for data.

    I run mdadm to set up the disk (mdadm --create ....), and can verify that they work, but upon reboot the raid array is not auto detected. It's probably something very simple that I didn't know to do, like frombulate the frobelsnazer, or, more likely, edit a config file or issue a command.

    As far as I can tell, the raid data gets written to the persistant superblock so it should be autodetected upon reboot. But that autodetection doesn't seem to be happening. Is there something I need to set ot make it happen?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1
    I am doing something similar.

    I did a hd install and then migrated the install to a raid.

    To make the raid's boot partion bootable, I had run grub and set it up:

    Code:
    # grub
    grub>device (hd0) /dev/sda
    grub>root(hd0,0)
    grub>setup(hd0)
    grub>device(hd1) /dev/sdb
    grub>root(hd1,0)
    grub>setup(hd1)
    grub>quit
    The install on the raid booted however failed to load sd_mod and kernel panicked.

    I googled around for a solution but couldn't find much info on the subject.

    Anyone have any insights to this problem?

    Thanks,

    DanZ

Similar Threads

  1. Will not boot with a RAID card installed
    By kevv in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 03:56 PM
  2. RAID not mounted - Want to secure data from RAID system
    By NatXotic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
  3. Raid IDE on boot
    By master_b in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:51 AM
  4. Won't boot from SCSI RAID (forgive typo below)
    By Greg in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
  5. knoppix 3.2 doesn't boot on MSI K7T Turbo+Raid
    By alexk195 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams picture

Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams

$95.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$550.00