I am having the same issue.
usbview sees the thing....
3.7.0 worked with it just fine with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.
But 3.8.1 doesn't seem to even know it exists.
How to get 3.8.1 to recognize and use it is my question as well!
I tried to use the 3.8.1 disk and found everything great EXCEPT it can't seem to find my Canon LIDE30 USB scanner. It is listed in the USB devices, but Kooka can't seem to see it. This works great under the 3.7 version.
Anybody have ideas on how I can get this to work?
Tnx,
Phill
I am having the same issue.
usbview sees the thing....
3.7.0 worked with it just fine with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.
But 3.8.1 doesn't seem to even know it exists.
How to get 3.8.1 to recognize and use it is my question as well!
Downloaded the latest version (3.8.2) and did a cursory test.
It found and was able to use my LIDE-30 USB scanner just fine.
XSANE is really great and I'm now looking forward to checking out all the improvements!

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
$400.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99