I think the main difference is in the HW detection. When you did the original Knoppix install, it would be set up without HW detection That is, if you added or removed something, you had to manually change the startup to load in the driver.
Hello all.
knoppix-installer v. 0-3.14 (from Knoppix 3.8.1).
What are the differences between these two system types, which can be choose in the script:
"beginner - Multi-user with hw-detection (preferred way)"
and
"debian - Debian like system (old installer way)"
I can see that with "debian" I can choose fs type. Does type "debian" differs from "beginner" after installation?
I think the main difference is in the HW detection. When you did the original Knoppix install, it would be set up without HW detection That is, if you added or removed something, you had to manually change the startup to load in the driver.
I suppose You mean "debian like system" writing "original Knoppix install"...(?)Originally Posted by tsinclair

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
Samsung 8GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (M471A1K43CB1CTD)
$27.99
Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99
Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00
Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$159.95
Gaming PC – RTX 4070 / Ryzen 7 8700F / 32GB RAM
$1250.00
Advantech/Samsung 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM RAM AQD-D4U8GE24-SE DDR4 EUDIMM
$85.00