-
X won't autostart after crash
Hello -
I just installed 3.8.1 after running an older version of Knoppix on a HDD install for some time. Got it working fine (clean install on new disk). After using for a
few days, X crashed while viewing a picture. I rebooted, and now it boots to a text login. I login, type startx, and I can get to my KDE desktop, but only at 1024 by 778 (was running 1280 by 1064 previously). Tried configuring desktop, but 1024 x 768 is top size shown).
Questions are: 1) how do I get my X login screen back? and 2) How do I get my original resolution back? (Hardware is P4 1.4 GB with 256MB memory, ATI Radeon video card). Thanks for any help you can provide.
Lars
Similar Threads
-
By Claus33 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2007, 02:53 AM
-
By Claus33 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
-
By Claus33 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
-
By Claus33 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
-
By Catscratch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99