I think the main difference is in the HW detection. When you did the original Knoppix install, it would be set up without HW detection That is, if you added or removed something, you had to manually change the startup to load in the driver.
Hello all.
knoppix-installer v. 0-3.14 (from Knoppix 3.8.1).
What are the differences between these two system types, which can be choose in the script:
"beginner - Multi-user with hw-detection (preferred way)"
and
"debian - Debian like system (old installer way)"
I can see that with "debian" I can choose fs type. Does type "debian" differs from "beginner" after installation?
I think the main difference is in the HW detection. When you did the original Knoppix install, it would be set up without HW detection That is, if you added or removed something, you had to manually change the startup to load in the driver.
I suppose You mean "debian like system" writing "original Knoppix install"...(?)Originally Posted by tsinclair

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$999.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00