-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Help needed with wireless and ethernet.....

Originally Posted by
yugpatel
I have HP ZE4101 with built in ethernet(national semiconductor DP83815) and Netgear PCMCIA MA401 wireless card. I am running KNOPPIX 3.2(4-10-2003 build) from CDROM(boot). Here is the brief description of problem.
1) With wireless card (PCMCIA), plugged in, boot fails but if I use nopcmcia, boots fine. How to solve this so that I can use wireless card? I tried to follow instructions provided by someone on this forum but can not execute "rm /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts".
Did you do it as root? How do you do that?http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqUsing I can't say one way or the other if that will fix your problem. I don't have a wireless card, but I would definitely make sure that's what you really want to do first. Maybe try some other options before you rm anything!
2) While connecting to LAN via ethernet, I get error that DHCP failed or something. I tried KNOPPIX->Network card configuration, it opens another window and does DHCP broadcast and then says it failed, hit enter to exit. My internet gateway router is MR814. When I run KNOPPIX from my desktop, connected to the same MR814, it works fine but from laptop it does NOT work at all.
Got I.P.?
Got conflicts?
Which and in what sequence have you used these in? (besides just nopcmcia) http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
I like pci=biosirq for this one.
3) My NTFS partition are seen by KNOPPIX but its ready only. I think Linux can read NTFS but can not wite to it.
Yes & no. For a more detailed explaination go here:www.google.com/linux
Linux can read and write FAT32 if I am not wrong.
You are not.
Can some one help with step by step instruction?[/code]
Code:
search box in upper right hand corner
As always - post back with results please. :ccol:
Similar Threads
-
By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By Kriil in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By robartes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 09:03 AM
-
By omegaman in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 02:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00