-
Junior Member
registered user
Problems booting....bad to worse?
Recently had a power failure that caused a desktop computer to power off all of a sudden. When we got home to turn the computer back on, it seems that we were stuck in a rebooting loop as mentioned by someone else here.
I first booted up in Knoppix and saw that both partitions I had were recognized, and in the main hda1 partition, I could see the files just fine.
I followed the instructions in the above link by running Windows Recovery Console, running
1) chkdsk /r
2) fixboot
Rebooted, and received the following error: NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart.
Followed instructions here by using the Windoes disk to copy over new NTLDR and ntdetect.com files to the root directory. Still no good.
I booted up in Knoppix again, and now the hda1 is still recognized, but the files all have junk names. The only files with normal names are the 2 files that I copied over above. HELP! What did I do? What can be done?
*edit*
Another thread found that is VERY similar to my current problem here and here.
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 19
Last Post: 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By Mr. Chopper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 08:23 PM
-
By lafar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 08:25 AM
-
By cts in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5
$44.95

Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent
$175.00

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99

OEM Genuine 07KRV Battery Dell Latitude 5330 7330 7430 7530 Precision 3570 FK0VR
$34.49

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95

OEM YRDD6 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3582 3593 3793 5493 5584 5593 5480 5590 5594
$15.02