-
Junior Member
registered user
Problems booting....bad to worse?
Recently had a power failure that caused a desktop computer to power off all of a sudden. When we got home to turn the computer back on, it seems that we were stuck in a rebooting loop as mentioned by someone else here.
I first booted up in Knoppix and saw that both partitions I had were recognized, and in the main hda1 partition, I could see the files just fine.
I followed the instructions in the above link by running Windows Recovery Console, running
1) chkdsk /r
2) fixboot
Rebooted, and received the following error: NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart.
Followed instructions here by using the Windoes disk to copy over new NTLDR and ntdetect.com files to the root directory. Still no good.
I booted up in Knoppix again, and now the hda1 is still recognized, but the files all have junk names. The only files with normal names are the 2 files that I copied over above. HELP! What did I do? What can be done?
*edit*
Another thread found that is VERY similar to my current problem here and here.
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 19
Last Post: 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By Mr. Chopper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 08:23 PM
-
By lafar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 08:25 AM
-
By cts in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter
$33.50

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28