-
Junior Member
registered user
BTW, I reconnected the ext FAT32 drive to my XP. I nuked the 400 Gb FAT32 partition. I recreated 2 new test FAT32 partitions, 32 Gb each in size and formatted using the 'quick' option. After reconnecting to Knoppix box and trying to copy to the 32 Gb FAT32 partition, I got same error.
When I tried copying a smaller directory (< 50 Mb), it started copying at ~15 kbps transfers speeds but quickly went down to 0 kbps, then went to the 'stalled' situation and didn't copy any further.
Since I have this NEW 400 Gb ext HDD, what is the best way for me to format/partition it so Knoppix can quickly copy large amounts of data to it so that I can also read it later from an Win XP Pro OS? The key is that XP must be able to read and copy from it later...
(anxious to get this working and move on with my life!!)
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Quacthulhu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2007, 04:44 AM
-
By ottosykora in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 03:05 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
-
By XavierGr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
-
By Loki in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 04:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99