-
Junior Member
registered user
Cant mount ext FAT32 HDD!
Help!
My crappy XP has crashed however I see my data through the beautiful eyes of Knoppix 3.8.1.
Now, I have an external USB 400 Gb HDD formatted as FAT32.
When I start Knoppix, it doesn't present an icon for this hdd on the desktop.
From the device list, it shows up as: Hard Disc (uba) [/mnt/uba]
however when I click on it, it gives me this error:
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified.
Please check that the disk is entered correctly.
How do I get this ext HDD online so I can get my data off!! It's been days now and I've read up a lot on Knoppix but I'm not a linux expert so please help with easy-to-follow instructions.
I have another ext 80 Gb HDD but that is NTFS. Knoppix lets me read that one but I can't write to it so the 400 Gb FAT32 HDD is my only hope here!!
Thanks guys!!
Similar Threads
-
By Quacthulhu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2007, 04:44 AM
-
By ottosykora in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 03:05 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
-
By XavierGr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
-
By Loki in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 04:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-14700KF 3.4GHz 20-Core LGA1700 CPU Processor SR1MZ
$299.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00