Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

    i can't figure out how to pass parameters to a module a boot time.
    the resaon i need to do this is that my e100 networking card is not coming at full speed and its really slow.

    The paremater i need to pass to the e100 boot module is:
    e100_speed_duplex=4

    http://www.intel.com/support/network...linux/e100.htm


    I tried to rmmod my the e100 module and reload it with this pararmeter, but I couldn't reload it. I kept saying the that device or module was in use.

    Can anyone help me figure out how to pass this parameter so that I can use my nic card at full speed?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

    Quote Originally Posted by userwaldo
    i can't figure out how to pass parameters to a module a boot time.
    the resaon i need to do this is that my e100 networking card is not coming at full speed and its really slow.

    The paremater i need to pass to the e100 boot module is:
    e100_speed_duplex=4

    http://www.intel.com/support/network...linux/e100.htm


    I tried to rmmod my the e100 module and reload it with this pararmeter, but I couldn't reload it. I kept saying the that device or module was in use.

    Can anyone help me figure out how to pass this parameter so that I can use my nic card at full speed?
    Why do you believe that the card is working in half duplex? Frankly, unless you are transfering large files in both directions at the same time, I doubt very much if you could spot the difference between a card working in half duplex and full duplex. One more likely problem might be the card negoiating 10x rather than 100x speed. But the most likely problem of all is that you are using it to connect to a Microsoft system. You do know that Microsoft deliberately talks slower to a Linux system just to screw with you dodn't you? (at least this is what I hear from people at Cisco). You might want to see how well Knoppix talks to things other than Microsoft before you judge that you have a problem at all.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323

    Re: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

    [OT]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    You do know that Microsoft deliberately talks slower to a Linux system just to screw with you dodn't you? (at least this is what I hear from people at Cisco).
    Really? Hmm, seemed quite snappy when I just tried it. Normal browsing only though. Still, I wonder if Opera ever made the swedish cook version for linux?

Similar Threads

  1. e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode
    By userwaldo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
  2. Knoppix and D-Link DUB-E100
    By HeyU in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Half duplex on my ethernet card
    By turbine in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:18 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov picture

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov

$275.00



Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used picture

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used

$47.99



VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC picture

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC

$24.95



Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is picture

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is

$99.99



DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage picture

DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage

$599.00



Vintage Retro IBM Model F XT 5Pin DIN Mechanical Clicky PC Keyboard Clean  picture

Vintage Retro IBM Model F XT 5Pin DIN Mechanical Clicky PC Keyboard Clean

$129.00



Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used picture

Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used

$47.99