-
Some questions about remastering
Hello everybody!! I am a newbie for Knoppix and i want to ask some questions:
1. Knoppix should have its own maillist. Although, I find it for several days, Can anyone tell me where is it? Such knoppix-user and Knoppix-dev. Thx very much.
2. Suppose my friend once remastered Knoppix a year ago, and now, I want to do his job again base on his remasterd Knoppix. How can I do it? May i just chroot to Kernel Linux and using tools such as "apt-get"? Because I may deal with some new hardware such as sound card, video card. Can anybody tell me what Knoppix do for hardware supportting or it is just the work of Linux kernel or other modules which don't have relationship with Knoppix.
Thx very much. I am not familiar with Knoppix. Thx for Help!!!
-
Well, you could do some searches before.. there are a bunch of remastering options you could do.
If you want to remaster directly from the cd without installing stuff, follow:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18698
If you want to use scripts in an automated way without seeing whats going on after a knoppix install, check:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867
-
Thx very much for answering!!
When knoppix need to support another new hareware such as a new sound card, we may recompile kernel, add some new modules....... but don't do any modification for Knoppix itself, is it right?
I know Knoppix can defect new hardware when booting, and at that time, actually, kernel is working, so. If i have to support a new hareware, I can chroot to the source and do some modifications, that's ok , is it right?
thx very much for helping!!!
Similar Threads
-
By Sephiroth? in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 05:15 PM
-
By nick.carstensen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM
-
By DeadCreep666 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
-
By Gamito in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99