To understand better my ideas I have made a very interesting artcile which you should read:
Year 2006: UnionFS and the Revolution of the GNU/Linux distro architecture: (my own article)
http://www.violtan.com/ae/linux_future.htm
To understand better my ideas I have made a very interesting artcile which you should read:
Year 2006: UnionFS and the Revolution of the GNU/Linux distro architecture: (my own article)
http://www.violtan.com/ae/linux_future.htm
I sometimes add files to feather, though not when running it but I suppose it could be done.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I don't use scsi emulation for the burner so it's /dev/hdc, but with emulation you can find the device with:
cdrecord -scanbus
First burn the iso using the -multi option:
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -v -eject speed=8 fs=16m -multi feather-0.7.4.iso
Then get the first block and next writable address of the last session:
cdrecord -msinfo dev=/dev/hdc
Let's say the output is: 0,72412
Make the iso with the dir that includes the files you want to add:
mkisofs -J -r -V Session2 -C 0,72412 -M /dev/hdc -o /path/to/output.iso /dir/to/burn
And burn it:
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -v -eject speed=8 fs=16m -multi /path/to/output.iso
Then boot up feather which includes the added files under /cdrom/.
This could also be used to make a customised feather as in: http://featherlinux.berlios.de/customisation.html
I'll take a look at kiso which someone mentioned in the news section for this. For just adding files the above works though, and yes, it does boot.
Has anyone done this? It would be nice to have an extra gig of read/write space after my bootable knoppix image.
Mostly I would just use it when shutting down to save my changes, but occasional *live* mounting rw or hitting *save* would come in handy.
Although UDF would seem best, I would want it encrypted so file system would not optimise anything then.
cya, Andrew...

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99