-

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
When I burn a small iso (like DSL) onto a CD and leave the CD open for future writing, I can indeed write to the next session inside Linux. But after I do, the CD, which now shows the file structure of both sessions (the first being imported to the second), is no longer bootable. How do you propose to resolve this?
I sometimes add files to feather, though not when running it but I suppose it could be done.
I don't use scsi emulation for the burner so it's /dev/hdc, but with emulation you can find the device with:
cdrecord -scanbus
First burn the iso using the -multi option:
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -v -eject speed=8 fs=16m -multi feather-0.7.4.iso
Then get the first block and next writable address of the last session:
cdrecord -msinfo dev=/dev/hdc
Let's say the output is: 0,72412
Make the iso with the dir that includes the files you want to add:
mkisofs -J -r -V Session2 -C 0,72412 -M /dev/hdc -o /path/to/output.iso /dir/to/burn
And burn it:
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -v -eject speed=8 fs=16m -multi /path/to/output.iso
Then boot up feather which includes the added files under /cdrom/.
This could also be used to make a customised feather as in: http://featherlinux.berlios.de/customisation.html
I'll take a look at kiso which someone mentioned in the news section for this. For just adding files the above works though, and yes, it does boot.
Similar Threads
-
By plumtreed in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
-
By fabioxa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:17 AM
-
By viperunix in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:44 AM
-
By merlin232 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 08:36 AM
-
By bansal in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99