Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: generic LDAP server

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    generic LDAP server

    Hi
    I'm trying to implement a generic LDAP server on a customized KNOPPIX cd.
    I've already installed slapd.
    I made also an iso of my new server, and it works well.

    Only I can't bind to my server if I'm trying to add a user!
    What could I do wrong?
    Is it maybe because it's a live-cd that no users can be added?

    Thx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I see, my slapd-service isn't running!
    If I try to run it in my chrooted system (/mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX) then it works...
    but if I make an iso and start slapd from the iso, it does not work.

    any suggestions?
    Thx

Similar Threads

  1. USB generic serial drivers
    By SlavoniaJavaTeam in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
  2. Bootable SMB/LDAP server with USB memory card
    By cgmckeever in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:46 AM
  3. Generic Monitor Problem....
    By Satyag in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 12:15 PM
  4. LDAP on Red Hat Linux
    By Pradeep in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:32 AM
  5. LDAP Authentication
    By vanman in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working

$144.99



Yamaha Powered Multimedia Speakers PC Desktop YST-MS25 Black Vintage picture

Yamaha Powered Multimedia Speakers PC Desktop YST-MS25 Black Vintage

$99.00



Vintage TI-99/4A Speech Synthesizer 2 Games PHP1500 Texas Instruments SEE VIDEO picture

Vintage TI-99/4A Speech Synthesizer 2 Games PHP1500 Texas Instruments SEE VIDEO

$69.99



Great Condition Vintage Tandy Portable Disk Drive 26-3808 3.5 in Floppy Drive picture

Great Condition Vintage Tandy Portable Disk Drive 26-3808 3.5 in Floppy Drive

$179.95



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99