-
e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode
i can't figure out how to pass parameters to a module a boot time.
the resaon i need to do this is that my e100 networking card is not coming at full speed and its really slow.
The paremater i need to pass to the e100 boot module is:
e100_speed_duplex=4
http://www.intel.com/support/network...linux/e100.htm
I tried to rmmod my the e100 module and reload it with this pararmeter, but I couldn't reload it. I kept saying the that device or module was in use.
Can anyone help me figure out how to pass this parameter so that I can use my nic card at full speed?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

Originally Posted by
userwaldo
i can't figure out how to pass parameters to a module a boot time.
the resaon i need to do this is that my e100 networking card is not coming at full speed and its really slow.
The paremater i need to pass to the e100 boot module is:
e100_speed_duplex=4
http://www.intel.com/support/network...linux/e100.htm
I tried to rmmod my the e100 module and reload it with this pararmeter, but I couldn't reload it. I kept saying the that device or module was in use.
Can anyone help me figure out how to pass this parameter so that I can use my nic card at full speed?
Why do you believe that the card is working in half duplex? Frankly, unless you are transfering large files in both directions at the same time, I doubt very much if you could spot the difference between a card working in half duplex and full duplex. One more likely problem might be the card negoiating 10x rather than 100x speed. But the most likely problem of all is that you are using it to connect to a Microsoft system. You do know that Microsoft deliberately talks slower to a Linux system just to screw with you dodn't you? (at least this is what I hear from people at Cisco). You might want to see how well Knoppix talks to things other than Microsoft before you judge that you have a problem at all.
-
Re: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode
[OT]

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
You do know that Microsoft deliberately talks slower to a Linux system just to screw with you dodn't you? (at least this is what I hear from people at Cisco).
Really? Hmm, seemed quite snappy when I just tried it. Normal browsing only though. Still, I wonder if Opera ever made the swedish cook version for linux?
Similar Threads
-
By userwaldo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
-
By HeyU in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By turbine in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By T0N in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:18 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read
$699.95

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

AMIGA Commodore A1200
$999.99

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$49.99

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00