I have used v3.4 since it was available and had never been able to get the sound working - then I came across a post on this forum which listed the following:
From root
insmod soundcore
insmod sound
insmod mpu401
insmod ad1848 iox530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
insmod opl3 io=0x388
Low and behold the sound works - albiet at a low level and I can't seem to find any way of upping the volume within Linux.
So with renewed interest last night I downloaded version 3.8 and gave it a try
I have not had any "error" messages with v3.4, but as v3.8 boots I get PCI: cannot allocate resource region4 of device 0000:00:05:1
The Computer boots as normal
when I try to enter insmod soundcore I get the following message:
insmod: can't read "soundcore" - no such file or directory
Has this been removed on the later release, or just moved - and if it's the latter how do I get to it from the shell ?, if it's the former does this mean no sound at all.
I could stick with v3.4 but my next years project is to get a wireless network card to work

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99
Dell Precision 3561 8 Core i7 11th 16GB 512SSD NVIDIA Quadro T1200 W11 Grade A-
$473.87