-
tecra 8000 - sound on version 3.8.1
I have used v3.4 since it was available and had never been able to get the sound working - then I came across a post on this forum which listed the following:
From root
insmod soundcore
insmod sound
insmod mpu401
insmod ad1848 iox530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
insmod opl3 io=0x388
Low and behold the sound works - albiet at a low level and I can't seem to find any way of upping the volume within Linux.
So with renewed interest last night I downloaded version 3.8 and gave it a try
I have not had any "error" messages with v3.4, but as v3.8 boots I get PCI: cannot allocate resource region4 of device 0000:00:05:1
The Computer boots as normal
when I try to enter insmod soundcore I get the following message:
insmod: can't read "soundcore" - no such file or directory
Has this been removed on the later release, or just moved - and if it's the latter how do I get to it from the shell ?, if it's the former does this mean no sound at all.
I could stick with v3.4 but my next years project is to get a wireless network card to work
Similar Threads
-
By muzicman82 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
-
By renderer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 12:30 AM
-
By Maverick45 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 11:46 PM
-
By Pierre_Gronau in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99