-
One very scared Newbie.
Hi there. I am running Win ME and have the Knoppix Live CD which I have been trying out for a while. I like the idea of using Knoppix, but have been unable to get it to locate the Speedtouch USB modem which my ISP Karoo supplied a part of their set up. So I eventually discovered that I will never achieve this unless I install Knoppix on my hard drive.
Okay so I thought I would make my system into a dual boot one, untill I am happy with Knoppix and have everything I need set up. Sadly it isn't that easy. I have the book Knoppix Hacks, which told me to type at boot up, knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ sudo knoppix-installer Sure enough I did this only to be told repeatedly that this could not be found. Thats strange surely because apparently it is on the CD.
So I foolishly thought, well I will have a look at qtpartition which the author mentions. There I found the following.
01 /dev/hda-1 free 0.03MB
02 /dev/hda-1 fat32 38.29 GB
03 /dev/hda-1 free 0.18MB
Obviously at this stage I froze because I just do not know what to do with the information. I know that at 72 I am perhaps stupid for even thinking of going into something that is obviously a very tricky business. But......I am so unhappy with Windows.
Maybe someone has knowledge of why the info in the book Knoppix Hacks did not work? It sure bugs me that it didn't work. Then again maybe it is a good thing or I might have done so damage that is not easilly undone. Thanks for letting me unburden myself here. Whatever the outcome. Regards. Grandad.
Similar Threads
-
By meburke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2006, 06:40 PM
-
By stuffdeer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2006, 08:25 AM
-
By Audax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By SpankySTD in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo THINKPAD L15 GEN 4 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$258.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7a 2-in-1 16" 2K LCD Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen AI 7 445 20...
$849.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkBook 14 Gen 4 Laptop ABA Ryzen 5 5625U 256GB SSD 24gb RAM - Linux-os
$250.00