I have used v3.4 since it was available and had never been able to get the sound working - then I came across a post on this forum which listed the following:
From root
insmod soundcore
insmod sound
insmod mpu401
insmod ad1848 iox530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
insmod opl3 io=0x388
Low and behold the sound works - albiet at a low level and I can't seem to find any way of upping the volume within Linux.
So with renewed interest last night I downloaded version 3.8 and gave it a try
I have not had any "error" messages with v3.4, but as v3.8 boots I get PCI: cannot allocate resource region4 of device 0000:00:05:1
The Computer boots as normal
when I try to enter insmod soundcore I get the following message:
insmod: can't read "soundcore" - no such file or directory
Has this been removed on the later release, or just moved - and if it's the latter how do I get to it from the shell ?, if it's the former does this mean no sound at all.
I could stick with v3.4 but my next years project is to get a wireless network card to work

Lot of 10 /16GB DDR4 laptop RAM
$500.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99