View Poll Results: does this distro already exist
- Voters
- 0. You may not vote on this poll
-
partition recovery
I have seen a live cd distro that works like norton gost before but you have to manualy compile the cd. the reson why I don't like norton gost is that it recently corupted my best freinds partition table.
What I am wanting to build is a live cd that boots up to a ram disk and burns the chosen partition to cd or dvd. that dvd or set of dvds can then be booted from and unpack that partition onto the chosen disk.
what I am doing is testing software I write I write some (windows) software and test it after a few weeks the computer don't work. so I want to pop in a dvd reboot and start over
it would be nice if the program when compiling these live cds filled up the ram with a block of the partition tarballed it and saved it to cd so it would take less space.
does this already exist or can anyone give me any pointers on how to make a distro with this functionality?
I know c# and a little c++ if i need to actualy make a distro.
Timothy
Similar Threads
-
By jdrnyc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM
-
By Idenheart in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-04-2006, 05:33 AM
-
By nimsey in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-24-2005, 02:12 AM
-
By baldyeti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:06 PM
-
By Sam in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99