Hi,
I'm making progress with the Knoppix 3.8.1 installation. I can now
see my systemless hdd on the KDE desktop and a few files left behind
when the disk was wiped.
The 4 Gig hdd shows up as three partitions: hda1, hda5 and hda6. I've
made them writable.
I run knoppix-installer from the console and it tells me the hard disk
is unprepared, and would I like it to partition the disk. I tell it OK,
and up comes:
Warning: Unable to open /UNIONFS/dev/hdc/ read-write (Read-only
file system).
/UNIONFS/dev/hdc has been opened read only.
At the same time, QTParted is launched. It detects my hda partitions and
how much space they contain. It also gives a report on the hdc partition (686 MB).
So...where do I find hdc? Once I've made it writable, will the installer
be able to continue?
Thanks for your advice!
--Bill

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00